You serve as an important link between prospective Pitt students and the University. Helping students make the right college choice is complicated, we thank you for supporting future Pitt Panthers and for your partnership with Pitt.
Our Advisory Board is comprised of school and independent counselors and CBO leaders who we look to for advice and expertise on how we can improve what we do for them and their colleagues, and of course for the students and families who are considering the University of Pittsburgh. If you would like to learn more about the Advisory Board, express your interest in joining the group, or meet former board members, email Barry Duerr at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2019-2020 Counselor Advisory Board
- Amy Balcer, Mount St. Joseph Academy, Flourtown, PA
- Rob Becker, Highland Park High School, Highland Park, IL
- Nicole Bent, Brookline High School, Brookline, MA
- Sinead Crews, Lingston Public Schools, Livingston, NJ
- Nelissa Dominguez, St. Mary’s School, San Juan, PR
- Loren Gordon, Central Catholic High School, Pittsburgh, PA
- Michael Griffin, Diversity and Education Solutions, Cincinnati, OH
- Kashif Henderson, Pittsburgh Public Schools, Pittsburgh, PA
- Jasmine Holliday, Pine-Richland High School, Gibsonia, PA
- Marjorie Ireland, Westtown School, West Chester, PA
- Erica King, Northwest Pennsylvania Collegiate Academy, Erie, PA
- Jeff Knox, Independent Counselor, Bethesda, MD
- Jon Mamula, Highland Park High School, Dallas, TX
- Jane Mathias, Nardin Academy, Buffalo, NY
- Tim McLister, Fox Chapel Area High School, Pittsburgh, PA
- Will Peck, Methacton High School, Eagleville, PA
- Dennis Reynolds, Walter Johnson High School, Rockville, MD
- Chris Sharp, Brentwood School, Los Angeles, CA
2017-2018 Counselor Advisory Board
- Rick Grychowski, Cathedral Preparatory School, Erie, PA
- Cristina Rabayda, Council Rock High School North, Council Rock, PA
- Julie Sitko, Moon Area High School, Moon Township, PA
- Tom Shorrock, New Trier High School, Winnetka, IL
- Janet Kobosky, The Shipley School, Bryn Mawr, PA
- Crystal Fatyol, Chambersburg High School, Chambersburg, PA
- Christine Zona, Penn-Trafford School District, Harrison City, PA
- Randy Mills, Greenhill School, Addison, TX
- Jillian Shadis, Bernards Township School District, Basking Ridge, New Jersey
- Art Mandel, Roslyn Public Schools and Schechter School of Long Island, Long Island, NY
- Branden Ballard, We Promise – Office of Equity with Pittsburgh Public Schools, Pittsburgh, PA
- Eric Roberts, Parkland High School, Allentown, PA
- Kevin Thompson, North Allegheny Senior High School, Wexford, PA
- Jean Whalen, Pine Richland High School, Gibsonia, PA
- Edward L. Walker, Cambridge Rindge and Latin School, Cambridge, MA
- Beth Schneider, Mt. Lebanon School District, Mt. Lebanon, PA
- Lyndel Niles, Dunbar High School, Washington, DC.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Pitt
The University of Pittsburgh is committed to fostering diversity and inclusion—in classrooms, offices, residence halls, laboratories, and every other place where people work, research, and learn. The Pitt community is rich in diversity, which is an essential component of its excellence.
At Pitt, students are connected with new experiences, supportive mentors, and a vibrant community. Learn more about the various resources and organizations that will be available to you and read up on the Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion’s efforts to make our campus a more equitable and safe community.
Counselor Relations at Pitt
Very few universities devote an entire team to counselors, but we do because we value what you do for your students, their families, and us. We are dedicated to getting to know your prospective Pitt students throughout the search, application, and decision-making process.
You bring important insight into our holistic review of applicants, and we appreciate and value your advocacy for your students. We encourage and look forward to your emails and phone calls.
Counselor Relations Team:
- Barry Duerr, Associate Director of Admissions
- email@example.com | 412-624-7173
- Steven Zyra, Assistant Director of Admissions
- firstname.lastname@example.org | 412-648-1290
- Lori Greenblatt, Enrollment Services Manager
- email@example.com | 412-624-7134
- Selena Walsh, Enrollment Services Manager
- firstname.lastname@example.org | 412-624-2315
- Jane Byus, Enrollment Services Manager
- email@example.com | 412-624-7783