Thank you for serving our country!
Welcome to the Pitt community, we are excited that you are considering us for the next chapter of your life. More than 500 veterans currently call themselves Pitt Panthers, and we are happy to assist you throughout the application and financial aid process. You should start by contacting the Office of Veterans Services for more information regarding your benefits. The next step is applying—when you complete the application for admission, you will be asked if you are a veteran, make sure to enter “Yes” to have your application fee waived.
- Our office administers state and federal student financial aid programs, with the exception of veteran’s educational benefits. These benefits are administered by the Office of Veterans Services. If you need financial assistance, you can utilize traditional financial aid along with your veterans’ educational benefits.
- Veterans, like other applicants, can be seen on a walk-in basis by a financial aid counselor and can be helped by any counselor. You can find information on the financial aid application process online.
- You may reach out to the financial aid contact for veterans with specific questions:
- Tom Damski – firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Office of Veterans Services is your resource for connecting with the educational financial benefits administered by the federal government for eligible veterans.
- You may reach out to the Veterans Services contact with specific questions:
- Brett Foley – email@example.com, 412-383-5171
All University of Pittsburgh applicants who are applying to the Pittsburgh campus have the option to rank the regional Pitt campuses in order of preference on their application. This helps the Admissions Committee do its best to match you with a Pitt campus. If you do not rank campuses, the Committee will select a Pitt campus that they feel best matches your academic interests.
You may only have one University of Pittsburgh application active at a time across our five campuses. For a prompt review, please apply directly to the Pitt campus that is your first choice. To transfer your application to another campus, please contact the campus that has your current application on file and ask them to cancel it for you. You will then be able to apply to a different campus of your choice.