Self Reported Academic Record (SRAR) Archives - Admissions | University of Pittsburgh

Search results:


I am an international student. I have experienced issues while filling out the SRAR. What should I do?

International freshman applicants currently enrolled in high school senior year are encouraged to complete the SRAR in lieu of sending official secondary transcripts. Note that your grade 9 (junior 3) academic records are required for the freshman application. The name(s) of your secondary school(s) must be included in the SRAR. If you cannot find your school on the list provided by SRAR, please refer to this document with step-by-step instructions on adding your school to the SRAR. Make sure to choose the accurate curriculum type for each academic year. If you still experience difficulty completing the SRAR, please have your official grades 9 through 11 transcripts either submitted by your guidance counselor electronically or submitted with transcript evaluation report. ‬

International freshman applicants who have graduated from high school should not complete the SRAR. Instead, you need to submit grade 9 (junior 3) through grade 12 transcripts with proof of graduation and transcript evaluation report.


I am a transfer student, why can’t I complete the SRAR?

The University of Pittsburgh will only accept official college or university records for transfer students at this time. Since there are significant differences between colleges and universities, the review process requires official documentation.


How do I list summer courses on the SRAR?

For courses taken during the summer, list the course and associated grade in the preceding school year. For example, if you took a summer course between 9th and 10th grade, you will list the course and grade in the final semester of your 9th grade year on the SRAR.


What if I attended more than one high school?

If you attended more than one high school, you will add all high schools attended to the SRAR and list coursework and associated grades within each high school. It will be helpful to have a transcript from each school attended when completing the SRAR.


What is the Self-Reported Academic Record (SRAR)?

The Self-Reported Academic Record (SRAR) is a list of your courses and associated grades that have been completed or will be completed for high school or college credit. The SRAR is optional, but replaces the official high school transcript during the Admissions Committee review process. Since accuracy is critical, please have an electronic version of your official grade report or an official high school transcript to reference as you are completing the SRAR.


Is the SRAR required?

No, the SRAR is optional for the University of Pittsburgh freshmen application process. If you do not complete the SRAR, your official high school transcript must be submitted to Pitt in order to be reviewed for admission. Please note that by not submitting the SRAR, you may experience a longer application processing time.